Videograb of indicted former FIFA vice president Jack Warner giving money to a supporter at his office in Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago on June 6, 2015. AFP PHOTO / DIEGO URDANETA
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Fallen FIFA executive Jack Warner said Tuesday that U.S. authorities would be unable to give him a fair trial, while an Argentinian businessman indicted in the soccer body's sprawling corruption scandal handed himself over to Italian police.The 72-year-old said the United States is not the "appropriate jurisdiction" to handle the matter "fairly" and claimed America is trying to exact revenge because it tried but failed to lobby FIFA to host the 2022 World Cup.Warner called the United States two-faced, since he and Blatter had once been welcomed to the White House by President Barack Obama.Burzaco's whereabouts had been a mystery since seven FIFA executives were arrested in the Swiss city of Zurich on May 27, the eve of a FIFA Congress.Burzaco is wanted by U.S. authorities in connection with his role as president of sports marketing company Torneos y Competencias.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE