Charred cars are seen in front of al-Taqwa Mosque in Tripoli, Friday, Aug. 23, 2013. (The Daily Star/Mohamad Azakir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Friday marked six years since one of Lebanon's deadliest bombings took place in Tripoli at two different mosques in 2013, despite no verdict being issued yet. But a judicial source says that a verdict will be issued "soon," for those involved in the attacks that led to the death of 46 people and wounded another 500 during prayers at the Al-Taqwa Mosque and Al-Salam Mosque. Church bells tolled across Tripoli Friday in solidarity with the victims of the 2013 mosque bombings.The Judicial Council previously adjourned the hearings of 14 individuals charged with involvement in the attacks. The judicial source said that the hearings of the accused have been completed.
US destroyer docks at Beirut Port
Decide on border talks with Israel, nonchalant Schenker says
over Hezbollah, economy
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE